Thursday 30 March 2017

Akshay Kumar tells why he changed his real name



 

(Web Desk) – While promoting his upcoming movie “Pad Man” opposite Sonam Kapoor, Akshay Kumar revealed the reason why he had to change his name as he entered the Bollywood.

The Jolly LLB 2 star was previously named Rajiv Bhatia. He had dropped this name in the very initial part of his acting career. Akshay told that his first movie in the Indian film industry was Mahesh Bhatt’s Aaj in 1987. He played a small role in the movie while the lead actor Kumar Gaurav was named ‘Akshay’ in the movie.

He said, “I had a 4.5 second role in the movie and I would only observe Kumar Gaurav and his acting. I don’t know what happened but one day I went to the court and just got my name changed.”

According to Akshay himself, he had no idea why he had his name changed from Rajiv. It might be possible that he was so impressed by Kumar Gaurav’s acting in Akshay’s role that he made the choice.

“I don’t know why I changed my name from Rajiv. I went to the Bandra East court and got my name changed from Rajiv to Akshay. Then I went out to get work, time was in my favour, and I got films after that,” he added.

It took the Khiladi about 30 years to reveal the real reason behind changing his name. Akshay’s decision brought good fortune as he started getting big movies afterwards.

There are many renowned celebrities in the Indian film industry who were not known by their present names in the past. Here are the real names of some Bollywood stars:

 

Salman Khan s real name was Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan and the actor decided to use the shorter and cooler version


 

Katrina Kaif was born in England with the name Kate Turquotte. She probably changed her name to relate with the Indian culture




 

Preity Zinta was named Preetham Singh Zinta when she was born. She choose a more contemporary name as she started her acting career

No comments:

Post a Comment