Friday 12 May 2017

Failed miserably in superhero genre, admits Shahrukh Khan

Failed miserably in superhero genre, admits Shahrukh KhanWEB DESK – The recent speech by Bollywood King Khan at TED Talks, Vancouver is making waves owing for it was not only stuffed with his characteristic humour but in between the one-liners and quips, he brought up something that were not discussed earlier.

 

While talking about early day, he opened up in the following manner,

"I was born in a refugee colony in the capital city of India, New Delhi. And my father was a freedom fighter. My mother was, well, just a fighter like mothers are. And much like the original homo sapiens, we struggled to survive. When I was in my early 20s, I lost both my parents……………"

Shahrukh also draw an amusing comparison of life with and without technology and the impact that the development brought in our lives, 

"…..The internet happened. I was in my late 40s, and I started tweeting like a canary in a birdcage and assuming that, you know, people who peered into my world would admire it for the miracle I believed it to be. But something else awaited me and humanity. You know, we had expected an expansion of ideas and dreams with the enhanced connectivity of the world."

The twenty-minute long speech-a-thon also threw light at some of the aspects of life that people all over the world adore him for. Like he went on to express, 

"I m an actor, like I told you, a modern expression of human creativity. The land I come from is the source of inexplicable but very simple spirituality. In its immense generosity, India decided somehow that I, the Muslim son of a broke freedom fighter who accidentally ventured into the business of selling dreams, should become its king of romance, the "Badhshah of Bollywood," the greatest lover the country has ever seen ... with this face. Yeah."

Amidst the laughter and applause, King Khan also admit that he failed miserably in the suit of a superhero.

"You know, I even tried to get into a skintight superhero suit to reinvent myself. I must admit I failed miserably," he added.

Shahrukh Khan also took TED Talk as an opportunity to rubbish the rumours that arose about his third child being the love child of Aryan Khan (his son).

"Four years ago, my lovely wife Gauri and me decided to have a third child. It was claimed on the net that he was the love child of our first child who was 15 years old," Shahrukh revealed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment